Monday, June 22, 2009

Lake Living

One sunny day last week a friend from school invited us down to her lake home. Of course I said YES! We had 3 moms and 10 kids (4 from Meg's class, 2 from Evan's, plus older and younger siblings. Except our siblings... I left Tressa and Hayden home with a babysitter. Expensive but worth it!)

The kids swam off the dock for awhile. Then we took the boat out for the kids to ride the towable. After we returned to the dock, the kids swam and fished while one of the moms made a fabulous fajita dinner. Every kid who fished caught something. One little guy caught a rather large catfish! The kids were so thrilled by each and every fish caught! At dusk, we made a campfire and toasted marshmallows for s'mores. We couldn't spend the night because I needed to get back to my little ones, so we left after the campfire, got home at 11pm. Great day!

Hannah, Evan and Meghan cruisin' through the "no wake" zone.


Fishing off the dock. That's Evan in the red jacket and goggles.


Good catch, Megs!

1 comment: